Friday, January 27, 2012

How do i redeem myself?

i am such an idiot, guys.



so today i had my interview scheduled with an alumni from MIT. she told me the name of a coffee shop she likes, and asked me to meet her at the Coffee Cafe on Drive St. and Oak St. (made up names). she asks me to bring a resume.



i wake up early and go to the library to print out my resume. i've carefully selected my attire - tidy and acedemic, but still being "myself". i have a few of my favorite books with me, and a list of my activities. i'm PREPARED. i google directions for "Drive St. Coffee Cafe", get on the bus, and arrive 15 minutes early.



45 minutes later she's still not there. i leave, confused, dejected, a bit worried. i get home and she's emailed me: "Hi - I waited for about 30 minutes. I hope we didn't miss each other altogether." i skim our emails. the Coffee Cafe on Drive and Oak St. I had been at the Coffee Cafe at Drive and... Fell St.



so i missed my MIT interview.



is there any bouncing back? or has my failure to carefully read emails DOOMED me? why would MIT accept a kid who can't get the name of a street right!



haha, just a bit of a mortified rant. but seriously, any tips on how to make it up to her? i doubt she'll let me reschedule but i asked nicely anyway. but this woman is an MIT GRADUATE, and i feel terribly disrespectful, and like i must do something to redeem myself. aaany ideas?How do i redeem myself?
E-mail the interviewer back and explain the situation. Adults are very understanding and they tend to remember being in your shoes, and try to get another interview set-up.



Do not beat yourself up for this, **** happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment